How Does Sleep Affect Your Weight Loss ?
Updated: May 11, 2021
Few experts would disagree with the idea that we’ve become a nation in need of a pick-me-up. We stay up too late, we wake up too early and, increasingly, we’re overweight. While there’s plenty of data showing that poor sleep can lead to weight gain and possibly even obesity, some new research also shows that the opposite may also be true: that getting the right amount of good quality sleep may actually help you shed a few pounds.
Benefits of getting enough sleep during Weight loss
1. It can reduce your cravings for unhealthy food. It takes a lot of willpower to order a salad over a pizza, and research shows that how much sleep you’ve clocked can make or break your resolve.
2. It can help you feel fuller, longer.-Getting a good night’s rest not only helps you fight the urge to reach for a bag of chips, but it also keeps your hunger pangs in check.
3. It makes you more likely to stick to your diet.-People who had low stress and were sleeping more than six but no more than eight hours a night were about twice as likely to have success in the program as people who had higher baseline stress and who were sleeping too much or too little.
4. You’re more likely to exercise-Getting enough sleep is linked to successful weight loss is that it provides you with the drive you need to stick to your goals.
5. Sleep leads to better calorie burn-While you sleep, you’re likely to burn somewhere between 50 and 100 calories an hour. Experts are now learning that getting the right amount of sleep encourages a healthy metabolism, and skimping on sleep throws it out of whack.
Book Here to learn more Click here